|DDW Basic Science Travel Awards
These awards for young investigators who co-author basic science abstracts selected for presentation at DDW 2017 provide 1000 USD travel grants to defray the cost of attending Digestive Disease Week. Please note: These travel grants are administered by DDW and are open to co-authors of basic science abstracts submitted to and accepted by any of the four DDW societies.
- Candidates for the award must be listed as the first or presenting author of a basic science abstract accepted for presentation at DDW 2018.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled or within three years of completing their training programs.
- Residents or fellows are eligible to be considered for the award and are encouraged to apply. Candidates are NOT required to be a member of any of the four sponsoring societies.
Applications will include:
- Accepted DDW 2018 abstract that lists the applicant as the first or presenting author. (Authors applying for this award must have submitted an abstract by the Dec. 1, 2017, general deadline. Authors of late-breaking abstract submissions are not eligible for this award.)
- Current CV/resume.
- Letter of intent describing the applicant’s role in the research presented in the abstract, his or her interest in attending and presenting at DDW, and his or her plans for future research.
- Letter of support from a faculty sponsor summarizing the candidate’s attributes and the impact DDW attendance will have upon the candidate's research and career.
The deadline for the 2018 award is February 27, 2018 at 9:00 PM ET.