|ACS/SSAT Health Policy and Management Scholarship
The American College of Surgeons and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract are offering an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts. The course takes place June 4–10, 2017. The award is in the amount of $8,000, to be used toward the cost of tuition, travel, housing, and subsistence during the period of the course.
The closing date for receipt of applications is February 1, 2017. An awardee will be selected by a committee consisting of members of ACS and SSAT.
General policies covering the granting of the scholarship are:
The closing date for receipt of applications is February 2017. An awardee will be selected by a committee consisting of members of ACS and SSAT.
- The award is open to surgeons who are members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The award is to be used to support the recipient during the period of the scholarship. Indirect costs are not paid to the recipient or to the recipient’s institution.
- Applications for this scholarship consist of the following items, submitted as a single PDF file:
- One copy of the applicant’s current curriculum vitae
- One copy of a one-page essay, discussing why the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship
- Application for this award may be submitted even if comparable application to other organizations has been made. If the recipient accepts a similar scholarship from another agency or organization, the scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the Scholarships Section of ACS, which administers this award, of competing awards.
- The scholarship must be used in the year for which it is designated. It cannot be postponed.
- A brief report of the Scholar’s experiences and activities is due at the conclusion of the course and of the scholarship period. A simple accounting is also required. A detailed report of how the scholar has applied the knowledge gained at the course is due one year after completion of the course.
- The Scholar is required to provide two years of health policy-related assistance to the ACS and the SSAT, attending meetings, reviewing applications, participating as a pro team member of the health policy committee, etc., as requested by either organization. Specifically, the SSAT requires the scholar to actively participate on the SSAT Public Policy and Advocacy Committee, including but not exclusive to taking part in the Society’s advocacy.
Questions may be directed to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at (312) 202-5281 or email@example.com. For more information, visit http://heller.brandeis.edu/academic/execed/index.html. Requirements for the ACS/SSAT scholarship are available for download
Please e-mail PDF applications for this scholarship to: firstname.lastname@example.org
American College of Surgeons
633 N. Saint Clair St.
Chicago, IL 60611-3211