|Writers Workshop Scholarships
The SSAT established the Writers Workshop Scholarships in 2014 to provide further education to SSAT Members on the writing and revising of journal manuscripts as well as the submission process. Preference will be given to residents and fellows as well as surgeons within their first five years of practice, but all SSAT members are encouraged to apply.
|The Writers Workshop Scholarship recipient receives:
- Reimbursement for:
- An amount equal to the recipient’s DDW Early Bird member registration category;
- Tickets to attend the SSAT Writers Workshop Parts I & II at the SSAT Annual Meeting held in conjunction with Digestive Disease Week 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. Part I will take place on Sunday, May 7, 2017, from 12:30 – 1:45 PM (lunch provided), and Part II will take place Monday, May 8, 2017, from 6:30 – 7:45 AM (breakfast provided).
- Roundtrip coach air transportation expenses to and from the 2016 Annual Meeting at DDW, equal to the cost of one 21-day advance purchase restricted ticket, up to 500 USD
- One night’s hotel accommodations (room and tax) at the SSAT headquarters hotel; the SSAT must make the hotel arrangements.
- Must be an SSAT Member
- Preference will be given to residents and fellows as well as surgeons within their first five years of practice, but all SSAT members are encouraged to apply. Only SSAT members in good standing are eligible to apply.
Applications will include:
- A cover letter outlining the ways in which this opportunity would enhance the applicant’s surgical practice and/or research, or other anticipated benefits;
- For resident and fellows, a letter of recommendation from an SSAT member; and
- The curriculum vitae of the individual.
The deadline has passed.
Applications for the 2017 Writers Workshop Scholarship will be reviewed and the successful applicant(s) will be notified of the decision by mid-March 2017.
Please note that this is an online process, and only online applications will be considered.