Officers and Trustees
David W. Rattner, MD, Chair
Jennifer F. Tseng, MD, Secretary
Mary T. Hawn, Treasurer
Susan Galandiuk, MD
Robin S. McLeod, MD
Fabrizio Michelassi, MD
Nathaniel J. Soper, MD
Mark A. Talamini, MD
Selwyn M. Vickers, MD
Charles J. Yeo, MD
500 Cummings Center
Beverly, MA 01915
Tel. (978) 927-8330
Fax: (978) 524-8890
Foundation Awards Reception Review
The SSAT Foundation held the 2nd Annual Awards Reception on Sunday, May 22, 2016 at the Omni San Diego during the SSAT Annual Meeting at DDW 2016. The Foundation gave out 161,500 USD to the recipients of the following 2016 awards:
- The DeMeester Traveling Fellowship for Surgeons within the U.S. or Canada;
- The Fischer International Traveling Fellowship for Surgeons in Academic Practice;
- The Mentored Research Awards;
- The Residents and Fellows Research Conference Plenary Presentation Prizes;
- The Warshaw Master Educator Award;
- The Rikkers Master Clinician Award; and
- The Career Development Award.
New this year the Awards Reception featured a Silent Auction with hand-signed sports items, sports tickets, limited edition celebrity items, weekend getaways, and once-in-a-lifetime experience packages. Click here for some highlighted items that were featured in the SSAT Foundation silent auction. All proceeds from the reception and silent auction help support the Foundationís initiatives.
Help the SSAT Foundation continue its work of recognizing outstanding surgeon scientists and supporting the future of our profession. Together, let us raise over 160,000 USD more in support of next yearís awards. Donate today!
View Photos from the SSAT Foundation Awards Reception here. Save the date for the 3rd Annual SSAT Foundation Awards Reception on Sunday, May 7, 2017, in Chicago, Illinois.