SSAT Residents Research Award
|Application Deadline has passed.
This one year research fellowship award will be provided to a resident or fellow member of the SSAT to support research being conducted in the research program of SSAT members.
- The supported research program can be focused on clinical and translational research, outcome and health services research, or basic science investigation.
- This award is restricted to a resident or fellow surgeon who is a member of SSAT in good standing and is planning to spend at least one year working as a full time research fellow in the research program of an SSAT member.
- This one-year award will provide support to a resident or fellow for research being conducted in the research program of an SSAT member and may be renewed for a second, additional year.
- Application must include a research plan for the proposed 1 year of research.
- The SSAT award of $25,000 for one year is to be used to help defray support costs, such as salary, direct expense, etc. The award is not to diminish or replace the customary, expected compensation or benefits; nor is any portion of the award to be used for institutional indirect costs.
- The recipient will present a final report at the SSAT Annual Meeting immediately following the period of award.
- It is asked that the recipient consider submitting any abstracts deriving from his/her SSAT Research Award to the SSAT Annual Meeting for presentation consideration, as well as any manuscripts to the Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, the official journal of the SSAT, for publication consideration.
Applications will include:
- A completed online application form.
- The applicant's curriculum vitae.
- SSAT Mentor's curriculum vitae.
- Research program summary (abstract).
- A research plan of no more than 8 pages using the following headings:
- Summary (Abstract)
- Specific Aims
- Appropriate institutional (IRB and/or animal studies) approvals.
- A supporting letter from applicant's SSAT research mentor.
- Detailed list of current funding sources.
Applications for the SSAT Resident or Fellow Research Award will be reviewed by the SSAT Research Committee. The successful applicant will be introduced during the Opening Session of the SSAT Annual Meeting during Digestive Disease WeekŪ.
|September 30, 2023
|Application Submission Deadline
|Successful applicant and SSAT sponsor notified
|DDW conference attendance
|July 1, 2024
|Beginning of grant period